Friday, October 6, 2017

TA-Yippee Yay!!!

I know one of the previous blogs was about TA, but I must share just how BIG this is as I begin to share our travel adventures.  So I may have mentioned before what a huge process adoption is.  ALL of the paperwork and ALL of the prayer!!!  In this process there are so many abbreviations for so many different parts but let me tell you, TA is what you wait this whole time to hear.  TA or Travel Approval-this means you are officially and formally invited to go get your kiddo.  All that stands in your way is a solid travel date, an ocean and well, packing.

A bit of an aside......As we were in the midst of the adoption process, we discussed and prayed about taking our three bio kids with us.  Adam wanted them to go and I was digging my heels in a bit.  I had so many emotions and thoughts about it and I just wasn't sure it was the best idea.  At some point though, God swayed my heart and we applied for their passports and prayed like crazy that the timing would work out so that they would not have to miss any school.  Although, they would have been super happy about that-haha.  We were now not just packing for two people to travel internationally, but for 5 people there and 6 people coming back!!!



I really hate dislike packing. I began to read packing lists on blogs, checked in the adoption Facebook groups I belong to and felt so overwhelmed.  It feels like you basically have to plan and pack for every possible scenario, yet you have a bag limit and the bags have a weight limit.  We did it.  Thanks to some wonderful friends who allowed us to borrow their space savers and suitcases.  One bag per person all under the weight limit.  The only thing I forgot to pack was the dry shampoo and I found some in China.  Not too bad if I may say so myself.  June 7 could not come fast enough and there wasn't much sleep going on the night before we flew out.  Our travel story is long and I will be breaking it up and sharing it over then next few weeks, so keep checking back!



Blessings from The Harris Half-Dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment